The early Carrington research comes from the Prof. William T. Carrington genealogy manuscript (researched about 1928) and the McDanial Family Association. Most of my research has concentrated on Randolph Carrington's family after they came to Missouri in the mid 1820's.
- Samuel Carrington, born in Ireland, immigrated to America in 1692. Samual died in Charles Co. Maryland. My seventh great Grandfather.
- Timothy Carrington, son of Samuel. Timothy Carrington was a resident of Charles Co., Maryland in 1716. My sixth great Grandfather.
- John Carrington, son of Timothy. John Carrington, born abt. 1827, Charles Co. Maryland, died 1798, Charles Co. Maryland. My fifth great Grandfather.
- married Susannah Murphy, died abt. 1803, Charles Co. Maryland.
- The tax list of Charles County lower east hundred, 1782 lists "Carrington's Lott", 100 acres, valued at 62 pounds belonging to John Carrington. Also listed "some slaves", 2 free white males over 18, and 8 other persons in this household.
Took the Oath of Allegiance in Charles Co., Maryland in 1778.
An assesment list of Charles County, 1798, lists Susanna Carrington, widow of John Sr. as owner of two houses, valued at $319.00, 98 acres of land valued at $239.00 in Port Tobacco, Hundred. She also owned two slaves.
- Samuel Carrington b: abt. 1754, Port Tobacco, Charles Co., Maryland, d: May 6, 1818, Montgomery Co., Kentucky.
- John Carrington Jr.
- Timothy Carrington d: abt 1815
- Mary Carrington
- Danial Carrington
- Anne Boswell Carrington
- Elizabeth Carrington
- Samuel Carrington, son of John b: 1754 Port Tobacco, Charles Co. Maryland, d: May 6, 1818 Montgomery Co. Kentucky My fourth great Grandfather.
- married Jan 8, 1782, Montgomery Co., Maryland, Mildred McDanial b: abt 1761, Charles Co. Maryland, d: 1840, Montgomery Co. Kentucky. Daughter of Thomas McDanial and Rebecca Stewart. My fourth great Grandmother.
- Randolph Carrington, son of Samuel. b: 1784 Montgomery Co. Kentucky, d: Aug 15, 1839, Callaway Co. Missouri,. My third great Grandfather.
- married Jan 13, 1811 Kentucky, Katharine McGary b: 1790, Montgomery Kentucky, d: Aug 22, 1839. Daughter of Hugh H. McGary and Nancy Burnett. My third great Grandmother.
- Samuel Carrington, son of Randolph b: 1820 Montgomery Co. Kentucky, d: July 13, 1879, Callaway Co. Missouri. My great great Grandfather.
- married May 14, 1840, Callaway Co. Missouri, Lydia Ann Bowen, b: 1819, Kentucky d: Sept 22, 1898, Callaway Co. Missouri. Daughter of Andrew H. Bowen and Anne Summers. My great great Grandmother.
- Nathaniel Dillard Carrington, son of Samuel, b: Abt. 1861 Callaway Co. Missouri d: Jan 31, 1912, Callaway Co. Missouri. My great Grandfather.
- Married, Feb 22, 1882, Callaway Co. Missouri, Eliza S. Herring, b: abt 1862 Callaway Co. Missouri d: Aug 2, 1941, Callaway Co. Missouri. My great Grandmother. 11 children.